POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : PovRay 3.7.0beta.12a : PovRay 3.7.0beta.12a Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:28:30 EDT (-0400)
  PovRay 3.7.0beta.12a
From: Jonathan
Date: 14 Apr 2006 23:37:41
Message: <44406a85@news.povray.org>
I've tried the 12a beta today, most of my renders come out as expected,
however, scenes imported from Daz via PoseRay regardless of settings or ini
file just sits after the parse, I checked the processor load and memory
during several of the tests. Processor load goes back down to 50% and memory
used down to 300MB immediatly after parse (it will incline close to 900MB on
most of my more complex scenes) instead of staying high until end of render.
Theories anyone? BTW 3.6 has no trouble rendering the scenes, just takes
twice as long (single thread) Once I find my copy of Blender I'll try
importing an OBJ from it instead to see if there is a difference. I did run
the scenes that I knew had meshes in them as well as running that grass
macro (uses a mesh) from the Gilles cloud tutorial with a few million blades
to see if there was too many triangles.
Thanks in advance,
Jonathan
red### [at] redmasqcom

AMD 64 Dual Core 1GB RAM Windows XP Home
    (Shame I don't have the 64bit version or better
    yet find where I put that Slackware disc, though of course I'd have to
run two instances of 3.6)
PovRay 3.7.0.beta.12a
PovRay 3.6.1a.icl8.win32
PoseRay 3.8.18.390